Dallas and Houston Locations
The Full time Nurse is a licensed professional responsible for maintaining the standards of the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The RN will assess, organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department patients. In performing his/her professional practice the RN is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness and guest relations. Only emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered, please do not call.
Day shift and night shift positions available. Full Time positions available.
Job Types: Full Time
- Associate Degree Nurse or higher Registered
- Nurse with current Texas license
- Minimum of 2 years emergency room experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS. (TNCC, ENPC, and CEN preferred but not required)
- Strong skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions that may require additional assistance, (Critical-thinking)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Courtesy and Respect for every staff member
- Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waved testing approved by the Laboratory Director
- Follow up on all send out lab specimens with accurate-documentation and physician notification.
- Documents accurately on the perpetual narcotic inventory form, and report any discrepancies to the Nurse Manager immediately.
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for Quality Assurance.
- Assists with follow up phone calls when needed
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure to the Nurse Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and documents accurately in the patient chart.
- Responsible for delegating appropriately to. Radiology Technician, Registration Clerk, and EMT-Paramedic
- Monitors supply every shift arid reports shortages when noted.
- Reviews company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports to Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Uses bio-hazard containers correctly
- Empties sharps containers in a timely and safe manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Job Types: Full Time and PRN
- EMR systems: 1 years (Preferred)
- Emergency Room: 1 years (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 1 years (Preferred)
- Lab/Testing: 1 years (Preferred)
- Associate (required)
- CEN (Preferred)
- TNCC (Required)
- BLS, ACLS (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Health, Vision, Life, Dental, PTO for Full Time Employees